Lace Coat Hangers
- 5 metres eyelet lace
- 1 ball 8 ply yarn
- 5mm knitting needles
- Wool needle
- wooden coat hanger
- Tubing to cover hook
- Small amount of ribbon for bow
- Cast on 66 stitches
- Rows 1, 2 & 3 knit
- Row 4 knit with the lace, cut lace
- Rows 5, 6 & 7 knit
- Row 8 knit with the lace, cut lace
- Row 9, 10 & 11 knit
- Row 12 knit with the lace, cut lace
- Row 13, 14 & 15 knit
- Row 16 knit with the lace, cut lace
- Row 17, 18 & 19 knit
- Row 20 knit with the lace, cut lace
- Row 21, 22 & 23 knit
- Cast off.
Pad coat hanger, I use wadding. I cut a piece that will fit around the coat hanger and sew it on in place.
I find the hole for the hook at this stage and screw it in place.
Sew the ends of the cover together then find the centre of the cover to place over the hook. Place on the coat hanger and sew the cast on and cast off edges together.
Finish off with tubing to cover the hook then add a bow made from ribbon and you’re done.